Friday, November 28, 2008

Being Thankful

Thanksgiving went pretty well this year. We had a mini crisis with the turkey. I got it all oiled, stuffed & sitting nicely in the roasting pan. I put it in the oven & tried to close the oven door. The roasting pan was slightly too big for the oven door to fit. I ended up having to roast the turkey in a large glass baking dish. Not quite the way it's supposed to work, but it turned out just fine. So, I'm on the quest for roasting pan that will fit in the oven. I'd been using the disposable pans the past several years and thought this pan was going to fit. So, if that's the worst mishap of the week, I'm quite grateful. I have learned that you don't get worked up over the small things.

In these trying times, it can sometimes be difficult to look at the optimistic side of things. I'm thankful for Bobby, our 3 spoiled cats, our families and friends. I'm also grateful for my job, even though it's often the source of my stress.

We often think of things that could make our lives better and take advantage of, or forget, the good things we have in our lives. Sometimes we lose focus of the important things. I think that with the current state of the economy and things going on in the world, we need to get back to appreciating the basics.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you were able to find several things to be thankful for even if you're having difficulties in your life right now.

No comments: